On online stores and sales, you can find a large number of very different designs, brands of products – a novice athlete will quickly get confused in this. That’s why we decided to write our today’s roundup of the Specialized Women’s Mountain Bike Shoes of 2021. However, before we start considering specific models, let’s figure out what to look for when buying Women’s Mountain Bike Shoes.
Things to consider when buying Specialized Women’s Mountain Bike Shoes.
At first glance, it seems that little depends on shoes when Mountain biking. But this is not at all the case.
The right Mountain bike shoes provide increased comfort for the biker, riding efficiency, protect the feet from injury, and, most importantly, ensure correct circular pedaling.
The main thing to consider when choosing properties such as:
- the comfort of movement,
- Good interaction with the pedal,
- shock absorption and protection from injury,
- reliable adhesion to the surface,
- individual fit,
- water-repellent impregnation,
- The presence of a special spike for connecting with the pedal,
- antibacterial impregnation.
Be sure to pay attention to the design features of the shoe (fastening method, type of insole, availability of protection, etc.) and the composition of the material from which the shoe is made (soles, upper, and insoles).
Note: Experienced cyclists recommend buying one size larger winter cycling shoes for thermal socks and an extra warm insole for extra warmth.
Now let’s discuss the best mountain bike shoes for women:
We have reviewed many female mountain biking shoes and selected the following 5 depending on their build-in quality, performance, and comfort. So let’s discuss in detail:
Giro Gauge W Women’s Mountain Cycling Shoes are designed specifically for girls, taking into account the characteristics of their feet. These are the very shoes that, once you go on a bike ride, you will fall in love once and for all. Comfortable and secure lacing, superior ventilation, fiberglass-reinforced outsole, and lightweight so you can enjoy every minute of the outdoors with your bike.
- Dimensions: 12 x 9 x 5 inches; 10.56 Ounces
- Classic lacing for effective pedaling and ease of walking;
- Rubber sole
- 2-Bolt Cleat Compatible
These shoes have specific protection at the toe and heel for durability and abrasion resistance. They are also comfortable for walking. The technology used in making these shoes make them compatible with all cleat systems /2-bolt pedal such as Time ATAC, Shimano SPD, Crank Brothers, etc.
- Breathable, high-quality synthetic upper with mesh ventilation areas
- Lightweight, tough, and durable
- Laces provide a wide range of adjustment
- rubber outsoles provide extra comfort when walking and pedaling
- Crack can appear in the sole
- Not suitable in rain
Giro Gauge Women’s Shoes are manufactures for both beginners are professional female riders. They come among mid-range price shoes; you can buy them for $84.95. So, try these shoes and make your adventures on the mountain more comfortable.
Tommaso Terra 100 Women’s Mountain Biking shoe is a versatile choice for all levels and types of cycling. Constructed from synthetic leather upper with six mesh ventilation panels to keep feet cool and ventilated. This model is equipped with three low-profile Velcro straps for a precise and secure fit yet easily adjustable while riding. The perforated and ergonomic tongue wicks moisture away from the foot and creates a comfortable feel.
- Dimensions: 12.8 x 9.8 x 4.7 inches; 2.2 Pounds
- 3 low-profile Velcro straps
- SPD (2-bolt) Compatible
- 2-year warranty.
These shoes have excellent air conditioning, and the asymmetrical last design serves to protect the ankle. The outsole material is made from rubber for superior energy transfer.
- Universal shoes for all levels and types of riding
- Lightweight, tough, and durable.
- Velcro straps have opposite fastening, which reduces pressure on the foot during traction.
- A design that helps remove dirt when riding in extreme conditions.
- They are narrow; not suitable for wide feet
- Don’t come with the clips
Tommaso Terra 100 Women’s Mountain Biking shoes are designed to empower you to maximize energy return without sacrificing comfort. It is a versatile choice for all types of biking. These shoes are available in the range $84.95 – $99.95. If you want mountain bike shoes that can be walked in, then Tommaso Terra 100 is the answer.
The Five Ten Women’s Kestrel Lace Wms Bike Shoe is highly versatile with a Stealth C4 rubber outsole that can be stiff when pedaling and flexible when running and walking. After cycling, you can remove the spikes and go for a walk in stylish and comfortable shoes.
- Dimensions: 11 x 8 x 4 inches
- Rubber sole
- Stealth C4 rubber outsole
- 15% less stiff than the kestrel
The outsole of the Stealth C4 Dotty cycling shoe is designed to absorb vibration and provide exceptional grip when performing jumps or tricky tricks. The upper part of the shoe is made of genuine leather, and the synthetic fabric has excellent breathability.
- Designed for use with both foot pedals and conventional non-contact pedals
- Suitable for all weathers
- Great combination of comfort, style, and performance
- Lacing allows better adjustment of the shoe due to five calibration points; Velcro provide additional fixation
- There is a hole in the middle of the shoes, so they are not suitable for flat pedals.
These mountain bike shoes are designed to withstand harsh off-road conditions. You can purchase these shoes for $134.95 – $164.90. If you’re new to clipped-in, then you should try this model.
SIDEBIKE Adult’s S01 MTB or Road Synthetic Cycling Shoes are stylish, high-quality shoes with a BOA locking system. Their grippy Stiki sole, mesh inserts, ergonomic fit, and anatomical removable insole ensure a comfortable and pleasant wearing of the model. The shoes are suitable for racing, training, marathons, and even simple riding for fun.
- Dimensions: 12.2 x 8.7 x 4.3 inches; 1.9 Pounds
- High-speed winch lace-up, Velcro
SIDEBIKE Adult’s S01 MTB or Road Synthetic Cycling Shoes are suitable for training and hiking, daily riding, comfortable and durable. The shoes are designed for both men and women mountain bikers. The presented shoes inherited many technologies that are now used in the top model
- Prevent numbness and offer more comfort for a full day ride
- Come with a reinforced toe cap for stone protection
- offer maximum pedaling power and good durability
- provides excellent ventilation to the foot
- have excellent fit
- They don’t come with toe spikes
- They are super narrow; not suitable for wide feet
SIDEBIKE Adult’s S01 MTB or Road Synthetic Cycling Shoe is ideal for riders who want maximum power transfer without sacrificing the durability needed to tackle rough trails. You can buy these shoes for only $77.99. order this model and show efficiency on the road without compromise.
The Fizik Women’s M6 Donna BOA Mountain Cycling Shoe is a high-quality enduro and all-mountain shoe with a stylish design and a BOA system with two Velcro straps. The BOA closure allows you to quickly and accurately adjust the shoe to fit your foot. The lightweight rubber outsole provides excellent traction in all conditions.
- Dimensions: 13 x 9 x 6 inches; 14.4 Ounces
- Reinforced Microtex and nylon mesh
- Reinforced Microtex and nylon mesh
- Boa and welded Microtex strap
The high-tech insoles with arch support and Aegis technology that helps keep feet warm without causing bacteria and fungus odors. At the same time, specially designed leather and mesh materials provide sufficient comfort and air conditioning.
- Offer better adjustment
- High density perforated synthetic leather improves fit and breathability;
- The offset strap reduces stress at the highest point of the foot
- lightweight rubber outsole provides excellent traction in all conditions
- The shoe has excellent ventilation and a lightweight rubber outsole
- Sometimes Sizing runs a bit big
- not compatible with SHIMANO XT PD-M8120 SPD pedals
This is a great choice for those who ride both road bikes and MTBs. The price of these shoes ranges between $110.50 – $150.00 depending on the size. This model is ideal for riders looking to maximize power transfer without sacrificing the durability required to tackle rough trails.
Let’s Sum Up
Many factors influence the decision to choose mountain bike shoes. Finding shoes that fit your needs and your feet will make every mountain ride better. We encourage you to read our review and select the shoes that will suit your foot shape, budget, and riding requirements. We hope we’ve narrowed your search and helped you to select the perfect women’s mountain bike shoe for your riding needs!